If you have been looking into using bath salts for their health benefits, you have likely seen a lot of information about lavender bath salts. Lavender bath salts are actually incredibly popular for a number of reasons; internally, externally, and even mentally. If you are considering getting lavender oil to add to your own bath salts, or you want to purchase bath salts with lavender already infused, take a look at all of the great health benefits that you can enjoy from using lavender.
- If you have been working hard, or you are dealing with recovery from a sprain or another muscle injury, soaking in a bath with lavender bath salts can actually help you out a lot. Lavender is known to help relax muscle tension, and it can help you to feel more relaxed as well (which reduces tension in and of itself).
- Lavender can play a big role in helping you recover from minor burns, sunburns, cuts, wounds, and more. It has anti-bacterial properties, which can help prevent infection. It can also help relieve any of the pains and aches associated with the skin injury.
- Are you exhausted at the end of the day? Do you feel like you are worn out in the morning? If you soak in the tub with lavender bath salts, you can actually help to relieve your fatigue by stimulating certain areas of the body via your bloodstream.
- If you are not feeling well, lavender actually plays a role in a number of household remedies. It can help reduce fevers, eliminate or reduce headaches, relieve acne and eczema symptoms, and even help you to find relief from menstrual cramps, Charlie Horses, and other painful cramping. By soaking in a lavender bath, you can find relief from a number of different ailments.
- If you are feeling especially anxious for some reason, or you’re stressed out, the aromatherapuetic benefits of lavender are well-recorded and well known. You don’t necessarily have to even get in the tub in order to relax and chill out with the help of lavender, but you can amplify the results that much more by jumping in a tub with lavender bath salts.
- If you are having issues with your respiratory system (sore throat, sinus infections, etc), you can actually find some relief from breathing in lavender as well. And everyone knows that soaking in a tub helps you to find some relief while you’re sick as well, so lavender bath salts just make that a win/win situation.
- If you have Shingles (a painful disease caused by the chicken pox virus when it comes up for the second time in an adult), you may be concerned about scarring and nerve damage as a result of your case of shingles. Even though lavender bath salts cannot cure shingles, it can help you feel some relief from the itching and the pain when combined with other treatments.
That’s a huge list, and there’s even more where that came from! The list of advantages of using lavender in your bath salts is almost endless. As you can see, there’s a reason that lavender bath salts are some of the most popular ones out there today. They are incredibly versatile and can help you feel relief from a number of different common ailments. Even just having lavender oil handy in your home for some of the uses listed above can play a big role your at-home remedies for the above listed ailments. Try them for yourself and see the difference that they can make.